Dr. Carnes has spent years learning about blood chemistry and nutrition. If this is something that you are interested in please call our office for more information and to set up a blood chemistry consult with Dr. Carnes.
Once you have become a patient Dr. Carnes will recommend certain labwork to be taken based upon symptoms, questionnaires and your health history. Once you have purchased the lab order from our office we will send you to LabCorp for your blood to be drawn. LabCorp will send us your results. We will process it through our science based nutrition software to assess your lab numbers from a nutrtitional standpoint. Once it has been reviewed by Dr. Carnes our staff will call you to set up a consult to go over your blood work in full detail with Dr. Carnes. At this visit he will discuss with you your lab ranges and where you need to make improvements with diet and target supplementation. These visits are very in depth and insightful for our patients. The value and time Dr. Carnes takes to go over this with you is something you will not find anywhere else in our area. We are so thankful to be able to offer this type of alternative healthcare to our patients as another option besides medication and surgery. Below you will find directions to the lab. Please pay for your lab work at our office and receive your lab order form prior to going to the lab.
Here is an encouraging testimony from one of our patients. She was able to lower her cholesterol and get off her medication by taking target supplements and making some diet changes all based on her bloodwork.
1034 Ross Clark Circle, Ste 2 Dothan, AL 36301 334-792-0902
(next door to Larry’s BBQ on the east side of the circle near SEAMC)
No appointment necessary
open Mon – Fri 7:30 a.m – 12:00 noon and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Please note: The Lab requires that you bring a picture ID with you in order to have lab work done.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOUR BLOOD TEST
- Draw times are either by appointment or on a first come, first serve basis.
- You should not be asked to pay anything at the draw station. Payment arrangements are made directly with Dr. Carnes.
- You must have your requisition form to be tested.
- Please remember to fast for 12 hours prior to getting your blood drawn in order to get the most accurate results. Only water should be taken during this time. No coffee, tea, juice, gum, etc.
- Tests should be done in early morning whenever possible, within 1 hour of your usual wake-up time, if possible.
- Drink plenty of water for several days before the test so that you will be well hydrated. (Drink ½ to 2/3 oz. per lb. of body weight per day). BE SURE to drink 2 glasses of water on your way to the lab to get your blood drawn.
- Avoid any exercise for at least 36 hours before blood test.
- On the day of the blood draw, do not take supplements or medications prior to the blood draw (when possible). Resume your medications and supplements after blood draw.
- Remember to eat as soon as possible after blood draw.
Driving Directions to the LabCorp
Start at Carnes Chiropractic & Wellness Center, 2323 W Main St, Ste. 109, Dothan, AL 36301-1292
- Leave the office and turn to the right going east on W Main St/US-84- E. Continue to follow W Main St. (becomes E Main Street) until you reach the Ross Clark Circle with SE Alabama Medical Center on your right. Approximately 4 miles
- Take a left on the circle and go till you see Larry’s BBQ on your left. LabCorp is in the building to the right of Larry’s BBQ.